Peter was born in Knoxville, Tennessee but grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia in the small city of Roanoke. He received his Bachelor’s Degree magna cum laude with honors from the American University in Washington, D.C. and his law degree from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
After being admitted to practice law in Virginia in 1995, Peter worked for a firm based in a suburb of Richmond for two years before eventually settling down in the Charlotte area and passing the North Carolina Bar in 1998. For the first ten years of his legal career, Peter focused on litigation with an emphasis on real estate and construction law disputes. One of the significant highlights of this phase of his career was the opportunity to argue an important case on subcontractor lien rights before the North Carolina Court of Appeals. The position Peter advocated for his client was accepted by the Court of Appeals and eventually upheld by the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Peter Morgan is the founder and Managing Attorney of Morgan Law. Since forming his own law firm in 2012, Peter has routinely assisted clients with commercial and residential real estate transactions, construction law, and business formation and contract matters. Peter is also a former residential real estate broker, and was affiliated with Helen Adams Realty for more than five years. Peter frequently draws upon his past real estate sales experience, which included new construction marketing and sales, in providing guidance to current clients. He continues to maintain his broker’s license, in part because it helps him keep abreast of the latest developments in real estate licensing and contract law through mandatory continuing education (CE) courses.
- Represented a local real estate developer/construction company in the acquisition and redevelopment of multiple parcels for in-fill residential construction and resale, including construction financing and related title insurance needs.
- Represented a local manufacturer, following its acquisition of a former competitor, in the transfer and title insurance related to the real property (warehouse sites) included in the sale.
- Represented a local veterinary hospital as borrower in a small business administration loan for purposes of acquiring a new clinic location.
- Represented a local business owner as buyer in the acquisition of a commercial parcel for use as a used car repair and sale facility.
- Represented a local shopping center owner in tandem with a commercial broker in lease negotiations with a national retail franchise that resulted in bringing a significant new anchor tenant to the center.
- Licensed attorney in North Carolina
- Licensed attorney in Virginia (non-practicing status)
- Licensed real estate broker in North Carolina
Did You Know?
Peter is currently enrolled in an intermediate-level martial arts class
Peter enjoys listening to music (particularly on vinyl)
Peter enjoys the outdoors (hiking, biking, travel)