Erik Lincoln is a founding member of LINCOLN. In addition to being an attorney he is also a CPA. While he does not practice accounting, his accounting background serves him well in understanding and structuring a wide variety of business transactions. He focuses his practice in the areas of business law, M&A (including commercial real estate), and tax. In recent years, he has represented both large and small businesses in (1) drafting all types of commercial agreements, (2) assisting with the purchase and sale of business assets (including commercial real estate), and (3) providing tax advice with respect to structuring various transactions and with handling tax disputes with the IRS and state taxing authorities. Erik has consistently been recognized as one of the top attorneys in North Carolina, by Business North Carolina.
Erik speaks on business, M&A, and tax topics.
Prior to founding LINCOLN, Erik was an equity partner with Moore & Van Allen, one of the largest and most respected law firms in North Carolina and South Carolina. While there he assisted large companies (Fortune 500 companies) in the areas of business law, M&A, and tax.
Erik gained a great deal of experience in all tax matters while working at the largest firms in Charlotte including Ernst and Young, where he was a senior tax manager, and Moore & Van Allen.
- Represented a US tobacco company in an IRS audit where he successfully resolved the audit with minimal
- Represented a US technology company in an IRS audit where he successfully closed the audit with minimal
- Represented a US real estate development company in structuring their holdings for business and tax purposes.
- Represented a New Zealand company with structuring and establishing their operations in the US.
- Represented a US individual with purchasing several companies in Peru and structuring their ownership for US
business and tax purposes.
- Represented a US company with structuring a loan with a foreign lender, for minimal withholding tax
- Represent a US company with the sale of its grocery store business, including its commercial real estate.
- Represented a US company with the sale of its hotel franchise, including its commercial real estate.
- North Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Certified Public Accountant
- Admitted to Practice in U.S. Tax Court
Did You Know?
Erik received a letter from the Los Angeles Dodgers while in high school that he was being scouted by the Dodgers.
Erik is passionate about entrepreneurism and his entrepreneurial spirit began early on. It started in elementary school by going door to door collecting aluminum cans; in college by owning and operating a vending machine; and in law school by selling limited edition paintings on a secondary market. Currently, to stay involved in start-ups, he is a member of an angel investment group.
Erik enjoys snow skiing, running, Flywheel, golf, reading, developing Lincoln, happy hour with friends, and many more.