Jack Schmoll is Managing Member at Jack A. Schmoll CPA PLLC. Jack works with LINCOLN on a contract basis. He has worked exclusively in state and local taxation for 27 years, 18 in public accounting and nine with the Washington State Department of Revenue.
Jack has been able to consistently provide clients with high quality, high value services. He does this by developing a deep understanding of each client’s business and then develops a solution based on their specific needs.
Jack provides all types of state and local tax services including nexus studies, state tax refunds services, audit representation, assessment appeals and settlement, private letter rulings, tax planning, and due diligence.
Educating his clients is very important to him. His goal is to give clients the tools they need to identify state and local tax issues and opportunities as their business evolves.
Educating fellow accountants is also a passion. He regularly speaks at various tax seminars including numerous events for the North Carolina Association of CPAs. Further, he provides customized state tax classes to CPA firms and other groups.
- Identified and obtained a high six figure sales and use tax refund for a contract research organization.
- Represented solar farm contractor in a audit and was able to turn the auditors initial finding of over $150,000 due into an credit of $90,000.
- Represented a telecommunication provider in a sales tax audit and appeal. Successfully negotiated a settlement with the state to pay 17% of assessed amount.
- Created taxability matrix for nonprofit organization making sales throughout the US.
- Represented client undergoing over 42 sales tax audits by the same state. Was able to close several audits with minimal findings and convinced Department of Revenue to discontinue the remaining 39 audits.
- Provide an extraordinarily quickly turn around time on a nationwide nexus and taxability study which allowed the sale of a business to close timely.
- North Carolina Certified Public Accountant
Did You Know?
Jack enjoys road trips, and particularly road trips that involve watching baseball
Jack is an avid runner and loves half marathons
Jack raised and sold pumpkins, starting at age seven, to pay for college.